Tuesday, April 29, 2014

33 Weeks


Total weight gain: 21.5 lbs
Fetal size: a durian fruit! (approximately 4 pounds & 17-18 inches long)
Movement: This baby feels like it is everywhere at once! I wonder how big he or she will be!!
Symptoms: I am contracting practically daily now and actually got into a time-able pattern Sunday night. Time to increase the water intake! Unfortunately, the insomnia has hit again this week. 

The baby is practicing coordinating breathing movements with sucking &swallowing, which would explain all the hiccups lately! The fetal bones are hardening (except for the skull for delivery) and the baby could grow a full inch this week. The baby is also keeping its eyes open during awake periods. 

I had a thyroid appointment yesterday and she wants to decrease my dose of medication slightly since I didn't gain weight like she had anticipated. I had gained 2lbs since the last appointment 6 weeks ago. She said I may start sleeping better too. She did make the comment that I "look ready to go. The baby looks big and low" (this coming from a thyroid Dr. with not much experience on pregnancy). The good news is I don't have to go back to see her until 2 months postpartum! 

I have a diaper sprinkle this weekend and an OB appointment next week already!


No comments: