Sunday, June 9, 2013

{The BEST} Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh my word...these cookies are DELISH!! I have made 2 batches in the past week they are THAT good! 
Can you taste them yet?! They have a secret ingredient - oatmeal! And you can't even really tell it's in there!

*Note: this makes ALOT of cookies - about 5 large cookies sheets worth. I ended up sending some to my husband's work and some home with friends but I don't think they are complaining! I would like to see if I can freeze the dough in 1" balls the next time I make a batch, that way I can cook as many or as little as I want.

What you need:
  • 1 cup margarine, softened (*I threw 2 sticks of butter in straight from the fridge)
  • 1 cup peanut butter (creamy)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup oatmeal (quick or old fashioned oats)
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Cream the margarine, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar in a stand mixer.


2. Add eggs and vanilla, mix. Combine the flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt and add it to the butter mixture.

3. Add chocolate chips to dough and mix by hand.

4. Using a tablespoon scoop dough into balls (about 1″) on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2″ apart. (They really don't spread out much so don't be afraid to fit them on there)

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies sit on pan for 3-5 minutes after baking for easy removal from pan. *Mine cooked for 11 minutes in my top oven but only 9-10 minutes in my bottom oven. So just watch for the slight golden color then remove so they still end up chewy.

Original source with printable recipe: Skinny Not Skinny



No comments: