Sunday, April 14, 2013

Kid Friendly Corn Dog Muffins


Kid Friendly Corn Dog Muffins
You will need:

Mix the cornbread according to package. In my case, add 1 egg and 2/3 cup milk (I use Mootopia for less sugar and extra protein). 
Spray your mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Evenly distribute all the prepared mix among the 24 mini muffin pan.
Take 4 hot dogs and cut each into 6 pieces. If you only have 3 hot dogs available, cut each one into 8 pieces.
Simply press each piece of hot dog into the center of the cornbread mix.
Bake according to muffin directions on the cornbread package (Mine was @375 for 12 minutes). Allow to cool slightly before trying to pull them out of the pan or the muffins will just break apart. I use a toothpick and run it around each muffin to help break the seal and allow for easier removal. Serve with ketchup or mustard (or my husband likes butter on them, which I don't understand). 




*I do cut these into bite size pieces for my 15mo old to prevent any risk of choking hazard.
*Leftovers can be kept in the fridge and reheated in the microwave.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Kini riggs said...

These were super easy to make and oh so good, now let me say this.....I only have teenagers in the house and I was waiting for the sighs when they saw what was for dinner.
To much amazement, they loved them!
I am always searching Tonyas blog for more yummy recipes to cook!
If you have small children these are sure to be a HIT!