Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Headaches

Yesterday morning I woke up with a KILLER headache and I just couldn't get it to go away all day long. I took 2 doses of extra strength tylenol, took a nap, monitored my blood pressure, drank water and nothing seemed to help. This morning I woke up with the same headache :( I immediately took a dose of tylenol and started drinking as much water as I could tolerate. At noon I got extremely dizzy and couldn't leave the bed. There was no point in calling the OB b/c I couldn't even drive myself the way I was feeling. I took more tylenol and then took a nap. When I woke up I was having sharp stabbing pains in head and it felt like it was going to explode. The dizziness had passed so I called my OB and they said to come in for blood pressure check. They had me sit in a dimmed room for about 10 minutes before taking my sitting blood pressure and it was 160/100!! The nurse said she didn't even want to write it down. After laying on my side for a few minutes she took it again: 120/80. My OB came in to talk to me and he ordered PIH labs (pregnancy induced hypertension) and a 24 hour urine collection for protein. He said if my labs are abnormal then "that's it" (time to deliver). My urine dip in the office was negative for protein so I am praying these labs come back fine. He prescribed me some stronger medication to get through this headache. 

Scarlett has been very active so I am reassured about her. I would like to keep her growing for a bit longer though!

No comments: